Whether we’re cheering or competing, we are all at our best when we feel part of the team.
But 4 in 10 LGBT people don’t think sport is welcoming, and that’s why GB Wheelchair Rugby will be supporting Stonewall’s Rainbow Laces campaign this year. Sport has an amazing power to bring people together – our wheelchair rugby clubs give their members community, energy and a sense of belonging.
How can you support the campaign?
- Challenge anti-LGBT language
- Celebrate LGBT people in sport
- Share your story
- Wear your Rainbow Laces and show you care
Come Out Active during this year’s campaign to show your support! Come Out Active week is 23-30 November. If you want to make the most impact then get involved on Rainbow Laces Day, Wednesday 27 November.
We’ll be supporting the campaign so watch out for:
- The GB Team showing their support on social media, using the hashtags #rainbowlaces and #makesporteveryonesgame
- Super Series 2: Division 3 – on 30 November, this tournament will be marked as a day of support in our domestic competition calendar, so we look forward to seeing players, volunteers and fans alike supporting!
Find out more about how you can support the campaign, and register for your free rainbow laces at stonewall.org.uk
Together we can make sport everyone’s game.